The first thing that you should do when you’re told by your dentist that you need to visit an ortodoncia clinic is figure out which clinic is the right one for you. In nearly every major city around the world, there are dozens of orthodontic clinics to choose from. The effectiveness with which they’ll be able to help you straighten your teeth is going to depend on the effectiveness of the orthodontists working at the clinic. Thus, you should do everything in your power to pick not only the best orthodontist, but also the orthodontist that’s going to encourage you in the right way to care for your teeth properly while they’re helping you out. You need to be a compliant patient, meaning you’re doing the things they ask you to do, and your chances of being compliant hinge on the effectiveness of the orthodontist to nudge you along. To help you find the best ortodoncistas, here is a list of five things that you should be looking for.
1. A History of Helping Patients. First and foremost, you want to pick an ortodoncia clinic with a history of helping their patients. You want an orthodontist who has proven throughout their career that they know what it takes to help people straighten their teeth. Whether that means Invisalign, braces, or head gear depends on the specific situation of the patient, and the orthodontist you pick should know which option is best for you.
2. Many Years Working in the Field. Secondly, it’s always a good idea to pick an orthodontic clinic with orthodontists who’ve spent many years working in the field. The more experience they have working with different kinds of patients, the more equipped they’re going to be able to help you depending your specific situation.
3. An Excellent Website. When you come across an orthodontist with a great website, you know you’re looking at an orthodontist who cares about their craft. If they’re willing to put in the time it takes to create a great website, then odds are they’re willing to give their patients the time and energy they need to resolve their dental issues.
4. Friendly Waiting Room Staff Members. Fourth, it’s never a bad idea to pick an orthodontist who has friendly waiting room staff members. They’ll make you feel more comfortable and will help you relax. The more relaxed you are, the more information you’re going to obtain from your visit and the more ready you’ll be to resolve your dental issues, no matter what it takes.
5. Recommended by Your Dentist. Finally, you should try and only work with orthodontists who have been recommended by your dentist. Your dentist is going to know a great deal more than you do about what makes a good orthodontist, so if they suggest a couple of them to you, you would be wise to heed their advice.
Dr. Roberto Carrillo y Asociados based out of Mexico is a great example of an orthodontist with all of these things. Check out their website if you want to see an example of the type of orthodontist who you should choose.