If you have a young child, their happiness likely means everything to you. If they want something, you will go above and beyond to get it for them. Never is this more true than around their birthday. A child, especially when they are young, looks forward to their birthday all year round, more specifically, they look forward to their birthday party, which is a way for them to impress their friends with with fun and games. As a parent, you want to host a party for your child that provides fun, numerous activities for the children to participate in, good food and a welcoming environment that makes your child feel special. Since the location of a child’s birthday party is so important, it is a good idea for you to look for locations that offer all of the things kids love.
For example, look for an that has activities to keep rambunctious kids busy and spending their indoor play center.energy productively. Activities to accomplish this could include amusement park rides like ferris wheels, carousels, teacup rides, swing rides, bouncy castles and train rides. There are also fun activities like carnival games and attractions that kids love like funhouse mirrors, arcade games, laser tag, mini golf and more.
Another thing to look for is a place that is cost effective. This means that it doesn’t cost a ridiculous amount per child to host the party. It also might mean that there is no time limit, so you will be able to hold the party for the amount of time that makes sense for you and your child. It is also good to find a kid’s party place that does not require you to pay for expensive party packages that may not provide you with all of the perks you need or might also require you to pay for more children than are coming to the party. The best locations also will not require you to have a minimum amount of children in order to host the party.
Another helpful thing to look for at a birthday party place is a place that has a kitchen incorporated to provide food for the party. Sometimes when hosting a party, the last thing you want to do is worry about bringing food in from an outside source. By finding a birthday party place that makes it’s own food, you can make one less stop before the party and know that your food will be hot and ready to go when the kids are ready to eat. Items like pizza, chicken fingers and French fries are a popular choice for birthday parties.
Finally, look for a location that has friendly, energetic staff. Having groups of children running around is not always easy, so you want to make sure the party place has a staff that is specially skilled at dealing with children. Plus, having a staff that has run numerous parties, will help make sure your party is as successful and stress free as possible.
You’ve surely heard before that a great way to improve your mood is by getting outside for a little “Vitamin D”. Even though it may seem silly, there is a lot of truth behind harnessing the power of the sun. Light exposure has been linked to increased serotonin levels, and increased serotonin levels make you feel happier. It has also been suggested that exposure to sunlight can increase productivity in the workplace. Just these two factors alone are reason enough to be thoughtful about how to get more sunlight into your daily life. When you are busy, especially if you work indoors, it’s difficult to find time to get outside and soak up the sun. Instead, you must be creative about how you get natural light into your space.
You may have an office full of fluorescent lights and wonder “Aren’t these bright lights bright enough to increase my serotonin levels?” The answer is likely no. Based on studies, fluorescent office lighting does not seem to contribute to serotonin level fluctuation and in fact, may even be harmful for your eyes. Instead, you need natural sunlight to give you a true mood boost.
So, when you’re working in an office, how can you ensure you get a little sun in your day? If you are lucky enough to have an office with a window, your window treatments can be a huge help here. It’s probable that your office building did not invest in custom window treatments for each office, so you should have some freedom in selecting your own. Choose sheer shades or sheer panel drapes that can let in sunlight but avoid terrible glare on your computer screen. That way, you will get the benefit of feeling happier at work, which will make you more productive. The fact that your computer is not rendered useless from glare will also increase your productivity.
If you do not have a window in your office, you should maximize the lighting in your home so you can get the benefit of natural sunlight there. Again, sheer shades or drapes are your best bet, particularly in a bedroom where it can help to wake you up naturally. If sunlight can contribute to making you feel happier, it would be wonderful to start your day with sunlight and a more cheerful demeanor. In fact, studies say that those who wake up with the sunlight wake feeling more rested than those who wake by alarm in the dark. If you work a 9-5 job, chances are you don’t get to experience much sunlight in your home, unless it’s in the morning or on weekends. Window treatments are an important part of a room, but they become even more important because of how they can factor into your daily mood and overall mental health.
If you are unsure about how to choose or install window treatments in your home, or perhaps in your office, which may have more abnormally sized windows, it may be best to enlist a professional, like those at Viking Blinds. They can be particularly helpful in making sure a chosen window treatment is installed correctly and to provide optimal results.
Weddings can get expensive. Many couples, even if they have decided on a small wedding that doesn’t break the bank, will see how easy it can be to go above budget. There are so many unforeseen costs that can pop up while planning even the smallest of weddings. It can be a difficult and contentious thing for couples to deal with, especially since weddings can be stressful enough as it is. While it is nearly impossible to plan for every scenario, it’s good to have a little extra money tucked away should something unexpected come about. Saving money isn’t easy, especially in today’s economy, but there are a few simple ways to save a little extra without feeling deprived.
- The coffeeshop kitchen- Do you have a coffee addiction? If so, you know that this can get expensive quickly and really add up over time. Instead of depriving yourself of coffee altogether, try this trick: make yourself some coffee at home (you can take it to work with you in a travel cup or thermos) and pay YOURSELF for the coffee instead of your local coffee shop. While it’s great to not have spent money on the coffee, chances are, that $5 will end up spent on something else later. To prevent this, transfer the $5 you would have spent on coffee to your savings account. Do this every time you make yourself coffee instead of hitting up the nearest coffee shop and you’ll see your savings account start to grow. For example, if you have coffee every work day, that’s $25 a week and $100 dollars a month. Instead of this money ending up in a glass, it can easily go towards helping you put a deposit down on your wedding venue.
- Ditch donation- That bag of clothes you’ve been meaning to donate? Try selling them instead. Tons of secondhand fashion shops will go through your clothes and offer you money for the stuff that’s in the best condition. Many will even donate the items they don’t take for you. One trip could get you a little money and that bag of clothes out of your bedroom, plus you’d be passing them on for other people to love. Deposit the money you make from the clothes into your savings account.
- Stockpile your change- Go through every purse, wallet, jacket and suitcase grabbing the change as you go, even the pennies. Put all of the coins in a jar. You can even make a game out of it and challenge your significant other to see who can find the most coins. Put your coins in separate jars and then take them to the bank to find out how much you collected. This process can go on for days, weeks, or even months. Even if you’ve decided to make it a contest, you BOTH win because all the money will go towards your wedding.
Saving money doesn’t have to feel like setting aside huge chunks of a paycheck. In fact, just small adjustments in your lifestyle can add up and eventually help you budget for caterers, wedding venues, a honeymoon and more.
Do you wear glasses? Do you also have prescription sunglasses? If you said no, you’re not alone. In fact, many glasses wearers don’t have a prescription version of their sunglasses. To many, it seems like an extra expense, so they prefer to just wear their normal glasses and shield their eyes from the sun with a hat or hand. While this works in some situations, it’s not always the most beneficial for your eyes and can, in some situations like driving, be downright dangerous to you and other drivers on the road. If you need a little convincing about why to get prescription sunglasses, see the list below.
- Protection from harsh UV rays- Prescription sunglasses are first and foremost, sunglasses. This means they will protect your eyes from harsh ultraviolet light that can cause severe damage to your eyes. By wearing sunglasses and making it part of your regular routine, you are ensuring that your eyes are always protected and don’t suffer any additional unnecessary damage.
- For those who don’t like contacts- Contacts aren’t for everyone. In fact, some people find them to be uncomfortable, irritating or just plain difficult to put in and take out. If you are one of these people, prescription sunglasses are for you. With contacts, you may have the benefit of wearing non prescription sunglasses, but it’s not worth it if contacts make your eyes feel worse. Prescription sunglasses provide protection from UV rays all with the benefit of being able to wear your glasses throughout the day.
- No awkward sunglasses on top of glasses- If you’ve ever driven in a car with regular glasses, you know that at some times during the day, it’s nearly impossible to see because of the sun shining in your eyes. Not even a sun visor will help in situations like these and perhaps you’ve tried perching some sunglasses on top of your regular glasses. This is not only awkward and a bit uncomfortable, but actually a bit dangerous. It would be much easier to go to an specialist like those at H. Rubin Opticians and get customized prescription sunglasses so you could just switch from regular glasses to sunglasses in a pinch without affecting your vision.
- Can help make driving easier- Similar to the last point, when you can see while driving, it just makes driving easier. No more squinting from behind glasses to block out the sun and no more squinting from behind non prescription sunglasses trying to see. You will have a safer, more comfortable drive when you know your eyes are working to their full potential.
- Regulate your eyesight- It’s not always comfortable to go from outside to inside. The bright sunlight can affect eyes significantly, even those who don’t wear glasses. If you have glasses on inside but switch to prescription sunglasses right before heading out the door, you are eliminating much of the shock on your eyes.
If you are interested in getting prescription sunglasses, all you need is a simple eye exam so you can check on your updated prescription. With that done, you are one step closer to healthy eyes for life.