The US Dow stock market just hit an all-time high, meaning there hasn’t been a better time in this country to own stocks. Of course, some stocks are declining, but in general the American economy is doing quite well. While there is still a wealth disparity in the country, it’s fair to say that much of the US has fully recovered from what became known as The Great Recession. If you’re a business owner in today’s climate, lucky you. There is a very good chance that you’re getting more business than you ever have before as Americans look to increase their spending once again. On top of that, you’re likely also getting plenty of business from the holiday season.
This increase in business that you’re seeing means that there likely hasn’t been a better time to sell your business as well. While you might be earning more from your products and services, you would earn an even greater amount if you chose to sell at this high point. It’s the perfect time to sell your business, since it’s quite likely that it won’t be worth as much as it is today in a year or two time. Of course, in order to sell your business you’re going to need to find a great business broker to help you out. While that might sound easy, let me assure you it is not. In order to locate the best business broker in your city here is a list of five qualities you should be looking for.
1. Experience. Of course, you always want to work with a business broker with experience. The more experience they have the better they understanding the buying and selling market and the better value they’ll be able to get for you.
2. Great List of Buyers. One of the most important things to look for in a business broker is one with a great list of buyers. They should already have a list that they work off of of people that are looking to buy a business in your city. This streamlines the process and helps you get the best offer for your business.
3. Proven Track Record. A proven track record is important. Look for business brokers that have sold hundreds of businesses at the prices they were asking.
4. Market Understanding. Fourth, you’ll want to find a business broker with a strong understanding of market trends. This means that they’re able to predict with a high accuracy whether now is the best time to sell or whether you should wait. It also means they’re confident when they tell you that now is the time to pull the trigger and put your business up for sale.
5. Reliability. Lastly, you’ll always want to go with a business broker like Business Broker Colorado that’s always reliable. If they tell you that you’re going to have a meeting at a certain time, then they’d better be there. You need a company that’s going to consistently communicate with you and be there when you need them.