If you are considering what job field to go into then you may want to consider becoming an electrician. A commercial electrician has many different job and service offerings. For example, as a commercial electrician, then you can perform a wide variety of job duties that revolve around commercial buildings such as offices and retail stores. Some of your job duties may include building automation and energy management systems, electrical engineering and design, the installation of life safety systems like fire alarms, HVAC electrical repairs, audio/visual wiring for offices, conference rooms, and classrooms, and preventative maintenance. You may also work with troubleshooting any other types of electrical problems as well as performing elevator power upgrades, parking lot installation and maintenance and many more services.
With all that you can do as a commercial electrician, then there are many great reasons as to why you should consider becoming an electrician. There are many steps that you must take in order to become a commercial electrician. Listed here are some of the many steps that you must take in order to become a commercial electrician:
- First, before going through any type of schooling and apprenticeship programs, you need to be sure that you can do the following items. You need to be sure that you can see colors and are not color blind or partially color blind. You also need to be sure that you can stand, climb ladders and are in good physical condition to climb places that you may need to get to in order to complete your job. You may also be required to lift items up to 50 pounds at times.
- Once you have determined that you are physically fit enough to become an electrician, then you will need to get your electricians license. This is a lengthy procedure as it is required to have experience and knowledge about electrical matters before going off on your own.
- Getting your electricians license is not an easy feat. You will first need to take an associate’s degree program or an apprenticeship. You can also find colleges that offer very specific apprenticeship associate’s degree programs that are very focused and targeted on becoming a commercial electrician.
- You must have a high school diploma in order to continue with the apprenticeship or associate’s degree programs.
- The electrical training programs and apprenticeships will teach you many different things such as hydraulics. You will also learn how to install circuits, alarm systems and will work with natural gas delivery systems as well.
With all of the many steps that you must take, becoming an electrician is not easy. But then again, would you want someone working on your electrical problems who is not well qualified and certified? There are many steps that you must take in order to become an electrician. However, becoming an electrician is very much worth your time as you can set your own hours if you work as an independent electrical contractor. You can also work overtime and make a lot of extra money.
If you want to talk with a group of professional and expert electricians in the Denver area, then you need to contact the trusted experts over at Piper Electric.