If you are considering having the windows replaced in your home but you are not quite sure it is the right time, then you may not have considered all of the benefits that go along with new windows. Here are the top 9 reasons to consider new windows:
- Prevent air and water leaks. When your windows are installed, they have a seal around them that prevents water and air from getting from the outside of the house to the inside of the house. One of the first things to go on an old window is the seal. This can put your home at risk for expensive and time consuming water damage repairs.
- Easier to maintain. Fiberglass windows are making a huge surge in the market right now and one of the best things about them is that they are virtually maintenance free. They do not require any of the sanding, staining, or treating that wood frames need in order to stay nice. They are also paintable, so they can become part of the design scheme of any room and they can be easily changed without having to replace the entire window. Even if you decide on a window type other than fiberglass, the newer styles are going to be easer to maintain and much easier to clean.
- Noise blocking. Newer windows are better insulated and they have much better noise blocking capabilities. You will sleep better and enjoy your time inside your home more when you have more control over how much noise off the street is coming into your home.
- More panes. Single pane windows are a thing of the past. Modern windows are two to three panes and they are much stronger and sturdier than the old single pane windows. That is why you see more new homes with much larger windows than older homes.
- Keeps your furniture from fading as fast. The added protection of more insulation in your window panes also means that your belongings have an added layer of protection in your home. New homes will prolong the life of your carpet, floors and furniture, and even the paint!
- Saves money. Even though you have to fork over the upfront cost of new windows, you will find that they save you money in the long run. New windows are more energy efficient so your heating and cooling systems do not have to work as hard to maintain a constant temperature inside the home. You lose less heat and air conditioning out the windows and keep it inside where you want it.
- Increases home value – New modern windows are going to increase the resell value on a home. Especially when you have new windows like fiberglass windows, which have a lifespan of more than 50 years.
- Increases curb appeal – New windows simply look nicer. They are going to help improve the appearance of your home from both the outside and the inside. They are easy to pair with pretty much any decorating style so they work well for whoever is living in that home.