Have you ever looked around at your home, full of furniture and chores and bills to pay and thought “wouldn’t it be nice if life were simpler?” Most people have all probably thought that at some point because life can get so hectic so quickly. It is tough to balance so many responsibilities and it often leaves you with no time for yourself, your hobbies or to relax. Not everyone has the means to go off the grid and live in a cabin in the woods or on a new boat for sale, but it is certainly a fun day dream to have. Here are a few reasons why living on a boat would be an amazing experience.
- Minimalism in your things- Obviously boats do not have a whole lot of room for furniture, mountains of clothes and other items. If you live on a boat, you absolutely have to slim down your belongings. That may seem stressful at first, but in reality, you will find that you actually don’t need so many “things” to live comfortably. With less items to maintain and (aside from routine boat repairs) you will have more time to do things you love like read, write or fish.
- Get in touch with nature- When you are cooped up in your home or office, you are rarely seeing any of the wonderful things nature has to offer. On a boat, however, you are up close and personal with nature all day long. Imagine the marine life you’d see, not to mention beautiful sunrises and sunsets.
- See more of the world- We all know that the majority of the earth is covered by water. This means that you could potentially see much more of the world than you’d seen before because you can essentially get anywhere in the world via boat. That is not true for a car, which keeps you fairly landlocked.
- Eliminate pesky bills- No more bills for cable or electricity. Instead, harness the sun and use free solar power to provide you with the energy you need in your new home. Not only is it more environmentally friendly, but since you are on the open water, you will have unlimited access to the sun.
- Feel truly relaxed- Something about being on the water is relaxing. It feels far away from civilization and allows you to get in touch with your own thoughts. You can enjoy a bit of solitude and then, when you are in need of some human contact, head back to Lake Winnipesaukee Boat Service to get your boat looked at and swap stories with other boaters in the community.
It may seem like a pipe dream for now and that’s ok, but living on a boat is attainable and should be considered based on the wonderful, relaxing life it could offer, Even if it isn’t feasible right now, it is a way of life that should be considered for your retirement or if you ever find yourself in a financial position to do so.