Most people know what window blinds are. Blinds are probably the most well known and understood type of window treatment available on the market today, but shades are a very popular choice for many homes and businesses as well. To understand window shades better, it is a good idea to talk about what window shades are as a category, and then, break them down into specific types.
Window shades are a type of window treatment that is used to block out sunlight and create privacy for people inside a home or business. Shades, are different from blinds though. Typically shades can be pulled down to block light or can be raised to allow people to see outside. They slants on shades are all connected, meaning that they can not change direction to allow different lightening options, like blinds do. Shades do come in couple very different styles. The main ones are honeycomb shades, roman shades, and roller shades.
An example of a Roman Shade
Honeycomb shades can be a really great option in many circumstances, but are often overlooked. If you were to look at a honeycomb shade from the side, you would see that they have cells that line up vertically to one another. When a honeycomb shade is raised to let more light in, the cells flatten. When the shade is lowered to block the window, the cells expand back out. These shades can often be designed to provide another layer of protection or insulation to keep the heat or air conditioning inside and keep the uncomfortable cold or hot air from affecting the inside as much.
Roman shades are probably the most well know and popular type of shade. These shades have the horizontal slates, like blinds have, but instead of having space in between that can allow light in or allow a person to peak out, these slates are connected with fabric. This can allow more privacy and block light better than traditional blinds. These shades can often provide a more sophisticated, or elegant look to a room that traditional blinds or other shades can’t provide.
The last type of shades, we will discuss today, are roller shades. These shades can be pulled down to provide one singular, flat material to provide privacy and block light. Roller shades are a great option in both homes and businesses. They can come in many styles and patterns so they can fit the style of any room.
If you would like to see examples of the various types of shades in different styles, fabrics, and colors Blinds ‘N’ Shades has a ton of different options for each kind of shade in their store and on their website. No matter the style of the different rooms in your home or the different needs of your business, you can be sure that Blinds ‘N’ Shades has the shades you want for every room. The professionals that are employed there can help answer your questions and help you find the best option for whatever you need.
It seems like every couple of weeks a new tragedy hits a family and is blasted on the news across this nation. The tragedies that we are talking about today are children and teen committing or attempting suicide as a result of bullying. Bullying is being viewed as an ever growing problem. The truth is that we can’t be sure that bullying really has become a more regular occurrence than it was 50 years ago.
What we do know, is that the bullying doesn’t end Friday afternoon when a student gets off the bus. Today, the bullying can continue nonstop, following children home and on vacations. Bullying doesn’t stop when a child stays home from school, and it doesn’t stop when a child choosing homeschooling instead. With smart phones, the internet, and social media, bullying is becoming harder and harder to control and monitor. It makes it very difficult for teachers or parents to be aware and to stop.
The internet often empowers people to feel like they can do or say whatever they want. It makes people feel powerful and allows for a form of bullying that can be completely anonymous. Since there is a sort of disconnect, people who bully this way often do not realize the damage they are causing. There have even been cases of bully that have been so severe that the bullies haven’t felt remorse or seen the error of their ways, even after they have caused another student, another person, another child to take their own life.
The rates of teen suicide in our nation is not something that should be looked at without wanting to take action and make changes. If we want to help save the lives of these teens and future teens, now is the time to act, but what can we do? Loving our children and trying to build them up at home is important, but it isn’t always enough. This is why it is important to start programs at the places that the bully between students starts, at the schools.
An anti-bully program should help students understand that their words do matter and that emotional abuse is a form of violence. A good anti-bullying program should help empower students to stand up for someone being bullied and make students aware of the resources available to get help. A good anti-bullying program should focus on teach nonviolent forms of communication so that issues that do arise can be dealt with in a healthy manor.
NVCnextgen is a great resource to get materials on anti-bulling programs and on learning more about nonviolent forms of communication. They have materials and programs available, because they want to make a difference in the next generation of students so that everyone can feel safe. They are on a mission to help youth learn how to communicate in healthy ways so no one else needs to suffer as a victim of bully or as a person who suffers the lose of a loved one to suicide.
Repairing a roof is not a cheap fix. It is definitely not a cheap fix if a repair is not enough, and instead, the entire roof needs to be replaced. Since a roof repair is an expensive fix, it is not uncommon to hear of people trying ti postpone roof repairs or replacements as long as possible. Roof repairs, though, are not jobs your want to procrastinate for multiple reasons.
- When you procrastinate getting your roof replaced or repaired, you are not doing yourself any favors or saving yourself any money in the long run. Procrastinating repairs will actually end up costing you more money in the end. This is because damages that are being done are continuing to get worse and worse, even if you can’t see it.
Roofing problems can lead to damage elsewhere
- The damage that is being done below your shingles will continue to worsen over time. The damages will very, but leaks are a common problem with roofs that need repairs. If they are not taken care of, they will continue to grow and get worse. This can lead to your property getting wet and destroyed. Water can cause mildew and other problems. This means that you might end up spending extra money to replace the stuff that was destroyed.
- Leaks are not the only worry with a bad roof. You also have to worry about the potential wood rot. Wood rot can occur to the roof where the shingles are not doing their job and can also happen wherever the water can travel too. This can end up taking a relatively small roof repair and turning it into a much bigger and more expensive problem.
- The damage done when you have a roof that is leaking or rotting is more than a problem financially speaking. It can also negatively impact your family’s health. Mildew and molds grow in damp areas. These growths can really cause harm to your health and your family members’ health. The longer you are exposed, the worse it can get. Fixing your roof and getting rid of the damaged materials as soon as possible is very important to your family and their health.
- Insurance is another factor to think about if you currently putting off having your roof looked at. Often, insurance will do a lot more to help you with smaller claims. If an insurance company feels that you have been neglectful by putting off roofing repairs, they can turn you down. It is essential to take care of repairs before they turn into bigger problems so that your insurance will work with you more.
We have established that taking care of roofing repairs as quickly as possible is key to helping you financially and protects your family’s health. If you believe it is time to get your roof look at, call Campbell Beard Roofing. You can trust them to find and take care of all of your roofing repairs. They will help prevent future roofing repairs by only providing the best materials and installing them correctly.