With all the options available for window coverings, people often overlook drapes. Drapes are simple, yet efficient. Drapes involve a piece of fabric which is cut and designed to hang down over a glass window. Drapes come in many varieties and price ranges, from expensive custom drapes, to simple standard drapes. Drapes have a lot to offer when it comes to window treatments- here are some of the top reasons to consider getting drapes in your home.
1) Drapes look nice: When you compare a window adorned in elegant drapes compared to one with basic plastic blinds, which one will look better? Drapes look great in any home and because of the endless color and styles available, you can find drapes to match any home decor.
2) Drapes are easy to keep clean: Drapes are very easy to keep clean since they are made of fabric. Often, drapes can be washed at home using the gentle cycle of your washing machine. Other drapes (like custom drapes), may need more careful care such as spot cleaning or dry cleaning. Regardless of the care instructions, the fact that you can keep them clean without too much fuss is a huge bonus. Not only is this nice for your cleaning routine, but it means that they will last a long time.
3) They come in every color imaginable: Unlike other types of window treatments, drapes come in every imaginable color. If you have a color scheme in mind for your home, chances are you will find a set of drapes to compliment it. If you have trouble finding the exact shade you want, don’t fret! Drapes can be made simply using any type of fabric. If you have your heart set on a certain color for drapes that you are unable to find, you can get custom drapes made easily from a fabric of your choice.
4) They do a good job of insulating the home: Drapes serve a greater purpose then simply looking nice. Drapes are a great tool to insulate your home. If you live somewhere cold, a pair of thick drapes can work much better at keeping your home warm then other types of window treatments. Drapes can also be used alongside other window treatments, like blinds. By doing this, you will have a double layer of insulation for the cold winter months.
5) They are elegant: Drapes can be very elegant. If you have a home that could use a touch of class, check out the vast selection of elegant looking drapes. Drapes will give your home a classic look and they will never go out of style.
6) They can cover very large windows: Drapes are a wonderful option for covering large windows. Often, other types of window treatments look odd covering floor to ceiling windows, or simply do not fit over the window. Drapes can be made for all window sizes and look great on large windows.
We hope that you enjoyed this article about drapes and their benefits. If you are looking for a fun way to spruce up your home, consider getting new drapes.